3 bedroom semi detached townhouse located in Câmara de Lobos FOR SALE.
SPECTACULAR views to the ocean.
City Centre (Funchal) is about 0 - 15 minutes away.
Airport is about 15 - 30 minutes away.
Parking for two cars.
The house consists of an entertainment room with a hall, bathroom (complete) and storage. Level 0 is the kitchen, the living room and bathroom. 1st floor has three bedrooms sleeping, with private bathroom in the master suite and a common bathroom. 2nd floor where the office and access to the north and street .
Two bedrooms are facing south with magnificent OCEAN VIEWS.
The lower floor (entertainment room is, complete with bar, bathroom and lounge which can easily be remodelleed into a seperate living quarter with a seperate entrance.
IDEAL as a permanent home or FOR SHORT TERM RENTALS.
Câmara de Lobos is only 5km to the west of Funchal and is served by a regular bus service. It was this traditional fishing village, situated five kilometres from Funchal, which inspired the late Sir Winston Churchill to paint its lovely surroundings.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the 'Garden of the Atlantic'
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest • Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do • Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe) Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
Regarding the financing, from a financial institution in order to buy a property, several types of assessment are necessary:
• Expert assessment to determine the value of the property – undertaken by an independent expert working with the bank.
• Age and medical records – so that the bank can determine if it is likely that the loan repayments will be met.
• Income records – to determine if the applicant has the economic capacity to meet the repayments in the long run The expert assessment fees are included in the charges made by the bank for the mortgage application. What is necessary to apply for a mortgage in Portugal?.
• Property blueprints.
• Income records.
• Life insurance (Seguros da Vida) to cover the terms of the mortgage.
• Valid passport and identity card (Passaporte e Carta de Identidade).
�� Residency card (Cartão de Residencia).
• Bank statements for several months proving receipt of income .
• Medical examination (Atestado Medico) for insurance purposes.
NON HABITUAL TAX RESIDENT INCENTIVE
A Non-Habitual Resident ('NHR') will be exempt from personal income tax on certain types of qualifying income if this income is subject to tax in the country of source under an existing Double Tax Treaty that allows for this or, if no Tax Treaty exists, were subject to tax in another jurisdiction and are not considered as Portuguese source income under domestic rules. Certain types of qualifying income under the regime will also benefit from a double tax exemption i.e. an exemption in Portugal and in the source jurisdiction. A special flat rate of 20% is also applicable for certain types of income arising from a number of highly qualified activities.
Pensions, dividends, royalties and interest from non-Portuguese sourced income are exempt from personal income tax in Portugal. Certain types of salaries, provided they are paid from a non-Portuguese source, can also be exempt from tax.
Any individual who has his habitual residence in Portugal or who spends more than 183 days in Portugal in the tax year, which runs from 1st January to 31st December or has a dwelling in Portugal at 31 December of that year with the intention to hold it as his habitual residence, and has not been taxed in Portugal, as tax resident, in the previous five years.
You may apply when you have become a Portuguese tax resident or before 31st March of the following tax year. Successful NHRs will have access to all the benefits of an ordinary Portuguese tax resident including healthcare.
Rental is an option under the NHR regime. As occurs when you purchase a property, if you are renting a property you may be required from tax authorities to provide evidence of your address in Portugal, which can be done through providing a copy of your rental contract.
After your registration as a NHR in Portugal you are able to request an international certificate of residence to the Portuguese tax authorities. This document then has to be sent to the tax authorities of source of income and that should enable you to be exempt of tax in that jurisdiction, unless a withholding tax applies.