Beautiful semi detached villa with a beautiful view of the bay of Funchal and with good areas, kitchen and spacious living room with pantry and guest bathroom. 3 bedrooms, one with private bathroom. All bedrooms and living room are air conditioned. It has barbecue and outdoor spaces and spacious interior, with garden, vegetable garden and fruit trees. Garage with automatic gate. Outdoor patio prepared for construction of a hall and bathroom with possibility of building another floor below. Attic Solar panels. A very pleasant and quiet place. 5 minutes from Funchal and with nearby transport.
Total area 470m2
Built in 2007
Mortgages - Non Residents
The Bank will verify if the applicant is in a financial position to be able to meet the conditions of the loan which will be based on 'affordability'.
If an applicant is self-employed, an application must be accompanied by audited accounts for the previous three years together with the current year's management or unaudited accounts, satisfactorily certified by an accountant acceptable to the Bank, together with three years tax returns.
The Bank will usually consider lending up to 65% of the valuation of the property, or purchase price whichever is lower.
The security will be either a mortgage over the property or if the property is owned by a company (which the Bank requires to be managed by a specialist management company from it's approved list) the Bank will require a charge over the shares of the company along with a mortgage registered on the property. The Bank will recommend an assignment over a suitable life policy.
It will also be a condition of the loan that the property is insured for it's full replacement value and the Bank's interest noted thereon.
Valuation of property
Approval of any loan application will depend upon the Bank's valuers providing a favourable report on the property, the cost of which will be borne by the applicant.
Once an application has been approved by the Bank and the terms and conditions have been offered and accepted, all legal documents will be prepared by the Bank's lawyers with all legal fees to be borne by the applicant.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the 'Garden of the Atlantic'
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do
• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal