One bedroom apartment located in the picturesque village of Jardim do Mar. Open plan kitchen and lounge. Nice sized bedroom. Two entrances, one from the main entrance and the other from the balcony. Ideal for holiday rentals as it also caters for the disabled.
One parking space.
Jardim do Mar became the island's meeting point for the international surfing community. This location is known around the world as being a surfer's paradise as this is where surfers have the possibility of challenging extremely high waves, considered by many to be the best in Europe. This is where worldwide competitions are held, such as the championship 'Red Bull Big Wave Challenge' in 2000 and 'the World Surfing Championships' in 2001.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the 'Garden of the Atlantic'
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do
• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 3%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal