Four bedroom beautiful detached house located in a quiet residential neigbhourhood.
Can be sold with furniture included.
Top finishes include double glaze windows, heated pool, Sauna, Jaccuzi, Air condition throughout the house and ocean views. Four bedrooms, two of which are ensuite. Another family bathroom just off the hall and a separate utility room downstairs. The interior furniture is modern, comfortable, cosy, and most of the furniture has been imported from Italy. It has a fantastic open plan beautiful modern kitchen.
Within walking distance there are local shops with restaurants, chemist, banks, hairdressers, supermarkets and cafes nearby with a paragliding school further up the village.
Within 5 minutes by car there is the new marina in Calheta that has 2 sandy beaches.
In the sunniest area of Calheta lies the small town of Arco da Calheta.
Just footsteps away from Paúl da Serra and the Laurisilva forest makes Arco da Calheta a portal to beautiful and authentic nature walks.
Arco da Calheta is one of the most ancient towns of the island.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the ''Garden of the Atlantic''
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do
• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal