Set in a spectacular hillside with stunning panoramic sea views of the Atlantic Ocean, and the Desert Islands, Ponta de São Lourenço and close to levada walks, coastal trails and hill villages and with easy access to the new improved road infrastructure this private family home is a beauty for the nature lover.
Three bedrooms with their own private en suite shower rooms. Both bedrooms are situated on the ground floor, with direct level access to the spacious open plan lounge and dining area. The light and airy bedrooms opens directly onto the sunny front and side terraced areas surrounding the villa - all with stunning sea views and a choice of seating areas. Steps lead down to the sub tropical mature gardens and lawn.
200 metres above sea level and 1 Km from the coast line with magnificent 180* panoramic sea views.
The local supermarket, café and bars are within a 10 to 15 minute walk away.
The local bus service is both excellent and extensive and nearly all buses (East and West) stop at Gaula - ideal for Funchal etc.
Santa Cruz is located in the eastern part of the island near the International Airport and by the sea.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages that Madeira Island has to offer:
• Security, Madeira is virtually crime free and one of the safest holiday destinations in the world!
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round.
• Natural beauty - lush & colourful, known as the 'Garden or Pearl of the Atlantic'.
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon.
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest.
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do
• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in.
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal.
Madeira Island - a land of contrasts, beauty and ofcourse Cristiano Ronaldo...
ABOUT PRIME PROPERTIES MADEIRA REAL ESTATE
Discover the perfect home for you in Madeira, Portugal today!
Prime Properties Madeira Real Estate is a local, well-established, licensed, real estate agency providing a complete service to international buyers looking to invest in Madeira, Portugal whether for holiday homes or permanent living residence. Our properties include villas, houses, quintas, apartments, land and commercial properties. We also offer a PROPERTY FINDING SERVICE, working with a few select real estate agencies in Madeira to deliver a personalised service through the entire purchase process from viewings, negotiation, legal expertise, mortgages, relocation etc. We pride ourselves on working together to European standards of honesty, integrity and transparency. We provide excellent after sales service.