Fabulous three bedroom house located in Ribeira Brava. With an office, barbeque section, garden in the front and vegetable garden at the back, laundry room. Built in 2006.
All the bedroom have nice areas.
Ribeira Brava is one of the oldest settlements of the island of Madeira, whose importance is due to the local terrain, where a stream cuts through that once ran with wild waters (águas bravas), hence the reason for calling the area Ribeira Brava. The source of the stream is at an elevation of 327 m, the waterway then running a distance of 8 km alongside the road that leads to Encumeada.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the 'Garden of the Atlantic'
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do
• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal